David Skinner GDA Scholarship
The David Skinner/Georgia Development Authority College Scholarship Application
If you are printing your application, please return completed application by the first Monday in May to:
Georgia Development Authority
1890 Hwy 138
Monroe, GA 30655
Or fill out the online application below and submit.
Please read carefully before completing application.
Sponsor: Georgia Development Authority
- To recognize and assist deserving and outstanding young people who are pursuing a college degree in agriculture or a related field.
- To promote leadership development within the agricultural sector.
- To encourage students to appreciate the values and opportunities of rural life.
Award: Scholarships in the amount of $2,400.00 will be awarded annually to students enrolled in the study of Agriculture or an Agriculture related field.
- The applicant must be a high school senior or not beyond the freshman year in college.
- The applicant must have successfully passed their high school academic requirements and have college entrance exam scores qualifying their admission to an accredited Georgia College.
- Applicant must be a Georgia resident and live in a rural county.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree directly related to agriculture.
- All portions of the application must be filled out completely, clearly and honestly. All requested items must accompany the application. Any omission or misrepresentation will result in disqualification.
- Each applicant must be accompanied by three letters of recommendation: 1) County Extension agent or Vocational Teacher. 2) High School or College Teacher. 3) Community Leader (other than a family member).
- Official form showing College Entrance Exam scores.
- High school transcript.
- Copy of SAR or copy of parents tax return (current year).
- Formal high school photo.